Wednesday 19 March 2014

Shrek has Scottish accent...?







OH MY GOD, I know! It has been 13 years and I just found out. Well probably because all the movies in Slovakia are dubbed and I never watched it in English.
So when I 'accidentally' turned on the movie couple of days ago, you can imagine my surprise after the favourite character of my childhood came with the first 'AYE'.
Mike Myers, as I thought was born in Canada. So after the sleepless night I opened Wikipedia (great website by the way, how could our parents finish school without it, that is my 8th Wonder of the World), and found out about his English and Scottish ancestors. What was even more surprising was the fact, that the Scottish accent was his idea! I was kind of worried that I will not understand him, because, although I live here, I still struggle, but that happened maybe two or three times during the whole movie.

   That made me think about all the movies from my childhood I watched dubbed and now, in my adulthood I am missing out on some important things, like, what if in Lion King, Mufasa actually did not die and it happened just in Slovak version? Or Mulan did not actually save China, but Japan? My life lost its purpose until I will watch all the Disney movies again this weekend. I am very, very curious, what was actually happening there.

Until the next time... S.

1 comment:

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. Learn Scottish Accent

    ReplyDelete